Monday, May 27, 2013

Learning Through Conversation

Ok, Ok,...so I did not get all my shopping done, but I did get some fun goodies for my students in Indonesia :), but more importantly, I had the opportunity to speak with a Vietnam Veteran today!  I truly feel that hearing first hand accounts of history are the best way to learn, and I had that wonderful learning experience today!  I hope everyone got to speak with a Veteran today, and got the chance to absorb their knowledge and empathize with their experience.  

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool Ms.K and i totally agree. I learned a lot about the holocaust from several holocaust survivors in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great way to learn is from your own experiences. That way you can pass the knowledge on from generation to generation.

      Delete